Tuesday, November 20, 2012

End

Dear friends,

Thank you for your enthusiasm and support. It's been a complete surprise that this project was allowed to live online with no interference from the label or band. However, all good things must come to an end. The Extra Track crew has made a joint decision to deactivate all the download links, effective immediately.

You may still be able to find the audio online, if you approach fan sites, newsgroups, or torrent sites. The entries for each single will remain here as a sort of Wiki about The Smiths' singles.

We hope you enjoy the hours of work we put into this project. You'll be hearing from us again.

Sincerely,
Drew Crumbaugh
Jeb Edwards

PS: Please don't email us and beg for links because you missed the window. The answer is no.

PS 2: During the link removal process a couple of entries showed as new posts rather than updated. That's why Sheila Take A Bow and Girlfriend In A Coma appear out of order.

15 comments:

  1. And it bears mentioning that no pressure was brought down onto either of us to do this. It was just time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for all your hard and generosity!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cheers for all your hard work - will have to hunt down those ones that I'm missing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jeb & Drew, I cannot thank you enough for your dedicated work. It has (if anything was needed) revive mey love and interest in The Smiths!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for doing them in the first place - also for the narrative - found it very interesting

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks very much. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed this and Recycle so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. simply one of the greatest internet sites ever. thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved these chunks as they dropped onto the site. They really did brighten up things for me. I loved The Smiths... Then and Now. At all points in between these songs have been with me.
    I religiously bought the repackaged "Best Of... I" and "Best Of...II". I had all the albums on vinyl and CD. The old 12" ers (bar a few) and most of the 7"-ers. But they never sounded as good as when you got your tools onto them. Thank you for all your valuable work.
    I ripped them all to individual audio CDs with your artwork and notes as "packaging". Better than any of the re-packages. I have then run those CDs onto cassettes to play in my old Rover... and they sound great!
    I have ordered last year's Marr-supervised Box for my Christmas this year. Thank you thank you thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Website of the Year, if such honours exist.

    Cheers for all the hard work/info/audio. My iPod is all the better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well crud, looks like I won't be able to listen to this. If anyone knows where to download it now please let me know, and thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Which torrent site has this amazing remasters? PLease, help...!

    ReplyDelete